MT 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. MT 7:8 “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
I have been writing these missives for over ten years now…God has opened doors, and God has closed doors for me. He has molded and shaped my thinking on Holy Scripture and has reminded me, that in order to find the truth of His word we have to want and desire it with a passion… We have to come to Him prayerfully asking for Holy Scripture to be opened up to us …in turn we have to seek that knowledge in the pages of His Word, guided by His Holy Spirit.
Too many of us professing believers in Jesus simply take, as gospel, what we are taught in our churches…we never question anything… Jesus was correct in assimilating Christians to sheep… MT 9:36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
It is only when we start questioning Doctrines and dogmas that we start acting like the early believers, who searched the Scriptures to make certain that what they had heard or read, was in fact correct… Acts 17:10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.
17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.
I do not write from any pre-determined or pre-conceived theological stance …I write from what God has opened my eyes to in His Word, as I have asked Him to reveal His truth to me.
In 1973 I did the Xerox selling course called PSS (Professional selling skills)…If it taught me one thing and one thing only, I am forever grateful…It taught me never to assume anything ….NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING…the lecturer added an addendum… “To assume makes an ASS out of U and ME”.
Satan has long ago hijacked the truth of Holy Scripture from many of us …remember what he said to Eve GEN 3:4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.
So what do most Christians today believe? Try this little test to see how you fare with the following statements…
1. If you accept Jesus as Lord and Savior you are instantly saved for eternity…no matter what you do…(yes/no)
2. If you should die to-day you will go immediately to heaven…somewhere, but no-one is certain exactly where…(yes/no)
3. If one is a believer in Jesus then are they His Bride… (yes/no).
4. If we are in heaven with Jesus we will all return with Him one day…(yes/no)
5. Will Jesus reign on earth for only one thousand years …(yes/no)
6. When Jesus returns will we fly up to meet Him in the clouds, and return to heaven to prepare for His great coming as King of kings …(yes/no)
7. There is going to be more than one resurrection of the dead…(yes/no)
8. There is going to be more than one judgment day …(yes/no)
9. The Jews are God’s chosen people and He is coming back to save all of present day Israel…(yes/no)
10. We will never go through any tribulation on earth prior to Jesus’ return…(yes/no)
11. If we say anything bad about the Jews, God will punish or curse us…(yes/no)
12. God has a separate plan for the Jews…(yes/no)
13. Jesus was born on Christmas day 25 December…(yes/no)
14. Jesus was crucified on a Friday…(yes/no)
15. Do we have to keep the Sabbath…(yes/no)
16. Is tithing 10% scriptural…(yes/no)
17. Should the book of Revelation be interpreted literally…(yes/no)
18. Is the Babylon of Revelation the Roman Catholic Church…(yes/no)
19. Is Jesus returning to save Jerusalem…(yes/no)
20. Will all of present day Israel be saved by Jesus when He returns…and all Israel will be saved…(yes/no)
How do you think you fared? Well if you answered any of the above with a YES, then you fall into the category of those who assume biblical facts…your assumptions are not what the Holy Scriptures divulge.
If you answered NO to all the above, you are not assuming what the Holy Scriptures divulge.
In conclusion I ask all of you to really take note of what Jesus says to us; because many of us fall into the trap of assuming that things are going to happen a certain way, but will not… Matt7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
7:14 “Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Matt 25:30 ‘And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’